Clearwell Castle Gloucestershire

Click on the image above for a gallery of wedding photos, taken at:
Clearwell Castle, Gloucestershire.

Clearwell Castle was first known as Clearwell Court, it was built in 1727, Its name was changed to Clearwell Castle in 1908. For a time after 1947 it lay empty and deserted but in 1953 it was bought and restored.

In the 1970s Clearwell Castle was used regularly as a rehearsal and recording studio by rock music bands including Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Badfinger, Sweet, Mott the Hoople, Van Der Graaf Generator, and Bad Company. Deep Purple rehearsed for their album Burn there in 1973. Peter Frampton recorded his 1975 album Frampton there. 

Today Clearwell Castle is a very popular and renowned wedding venue.

Clearwell Castle
Clearwell, Forest of Dean, Coleford GL16 8LG
Tel: 01594 832320